Life & How To Live It
This page is a collection of my favorite quotes and my personal, random thoughts on life and how to live it…
* It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. ~ Theodore Roosevelt, Jr.
* Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way. ~ Abraham Lincoln
* I’d like it here if I could leave and see it from a long way away. ~ R.E.M.
* If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. ~ Milton Berle
* To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived…this is to have succeeded. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
* …And the wisdom to know the difference. ~ Reinhold Niebuhr
* God gives every bird his worm, but He doesn’t throw it into the nest. ~ Swedish Proverb
* Always know that the sun will rise without you. ~ Me
* He knows not his own strength that hath not met adversity. ~ Unknown
* If you’re very careful today, nothing good or bad will happen to you. ~ Unknown
* Life is like coloring a child’s coloring book page. You decide how colorful it will be. You decide whether you will keep strictly within the boundaries, and how much you will worry about what others think of your picture. Your picture may turn out to be an undisciplined, chaotic mess. But you can also decide to make it the most colorful, unique masterpiece, not so much worrying about “staying in the lines,” but instead making it wholly your own beautiful experience and work of art. ~ Me